Does your skin feel like a deflated balloon? We'll help you replace what you've lost and have people wondering why you look so good!
Now we pinch to bring color or “paint” them on - as we lose our cheek volume we develop lines under our eyes, and nasalabial lines (also called parentheses), and eventually marionette lines (also called puppet lines on either side of our mouth). Our face begins to look like a balloon losing air.
A subtle change that makes a BIG difference is replacing the cheek volume lost. It brings the forward projection back to your face pulling up and diminishing the parentheses and somewhat the marionette lines as well and dampening and smoothing the lines under our eyes. Putting that “plump” back helps revive the youthful “pinchable” look of the cheek! It’s immediate youthfulness and there’s no downtime!
The warm temperatures and sunshine are on the way and we’re looking at our spring and summer wardrobes. Soon out will come the capris, shorts, and bathing suits…and unfortunately the spider veins. Diminish these unwanted and unneeded vessels with a laser treatment! Expect a couple days per doctor’s order to “chill” and not be on your feet to get the best results. Allow yourself a month at least to give your body time to reabsorb their unwanted appearance after the treatment! Walk with confidence in your shorter clothing styles again!
We should be wearing sunscreen year round since the ultraviolet rays are out daily regardless of the temperature outside. NOW it’s time to get seriously prepared for spending more time outdoors. We’re anxious to get out there but not anxious to get the sun damage causing unwanted brown spots/age spots…invest in a physician grade sunscreen with our SkinMedica Environmental Defense SPF30+ or 50+ (cream formulations) or Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF30 or SPF50 brush(mineral powder)! Protect your skin! It’s your first line of defense!
Summer Skin Products
- SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
Colorescience SunKissed Primer with spf30
Clarisonic Smart Profile
- Our skin changes and has different needs as time goes on, what used to work before will not always work
- All OTC (over the counter) products are restricted by the FDA to contain only 4% of any one active ingredient…meaning although they may be good, they may not be in enough quantity to provide what your skin needs.
- Our skin is an active living organ (the largest of the body actually) and loses its functioning ingredients as time marches on. To help support it we need to replace and boost those ongoing skin functions
- The change in our skin does not happen overnight (with the exception of injury or disease) when it comes to the effects of sun damage or aging. It will not be slowed or reversed overnight. A product should be used for a minimum of 90 days to allow for change due to the way our skin turns over.
- Physician grade products have anywhere from 2-4 times the amount of active ingredients that an OTC product has and less “fillers”and “extenders” which is why it takes less and is more effective in bringing healthy change to our skin.
- It doesn’t take a counter full of products to help your skin - ask us how we can get you started supporting your skin and minimizing the effects of age with strategic product choices.